Monday, January 22, 2018

Guest Speaker Erik Hanberg

This was our first guest speaker for the quarter. Erik came in to talk about what it was like to live the "Entrepreneur's Life". It was a good first talk. I appreciated him coming in to talk about his life and how he got to where he is. It wasn't exactly what I thought it was going to be, but I think that's a good thing.

Personally, my favorite part was when he explained the writing he did. As he showed us, it doesn't pay for his life, but I was happy to see that he was actually making money off of it. I enjoy doing writing in my free time, but I never really thought it was a possibility to sell my work. I wish he was able to go into more detail what his writing process was. But I guess it's fine considering it's a entrepreneurship class, not a writing class.

I went into class Thursday thinking Erik would be coming in to tell us about starting businesses in the technology world. It was disappointing that that wasn't what he was there for, but it's good that we started with someone that didn't come from that background. As we've heard from Mr. Fry about his past students, some never even go into a CS job despite having the education for it.

While it was wasn't what I expected, I'm glad we had the discussion.

Cheers,
Connor Lundberg

No comments:

Post a Comment